Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

midnight_meadow t1_je58qyy wrote

My nephew goes to school in Fayette county and they were on lockdown for a false alarm shooting this morning. My sister was just alerted that there have been calls like this nationwide today.

Edit: more schools https://www.wtaj.com/news/local-news/police-swarm-multiple-local-schools-after-reports-of-shootings-believed-to-be-hoax/

blp9 t1_je5a8oy wrote

>However, the calls are believed to be computer generated swatting calls

Holy fuck, they were robo-calls?

RuinLoes t1_je5cbq7 wrote

Hopefully, but please don't spread guesses before there is real info on the situation.

−15

midnight_meadow t1_je5ed0d wrote

I never spread guesses. I posted reports of this happening at other schools in the region this morning. My nephews school is reporting to parents that this is a nationwide issue today and not an isolated incident. I hope the situation at CC is as well.

RuinLoes t1_je5eji7 wrote

That is the definitok of a guess. You had absolutey no relevant info.

Thanksfully it truns out it was a hoax

−20

midnight_meadow t1_je5fbqt wrote

Laurel highlands, central catholic, holidaysburg, Altoona, hopewell. These schools all had shooter reports today. News is reporting it as nationwide robocall hoax.

I never said any were hoaxes. I came in initially saying a similar situation was happening at my nephews school an hour outside the city at the same time and found other schools in the area were as well.

RuinLoes t1_je5j8vq wrote

Whats with the petty bullshit in this thread....

−4