Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_iu46g3n wrote

WFH until I get told I’m getting fired unless I come back in the office to be a cubicle drone.

Job: cubicle drone.

They put it in my hands as a “hybrid” of sorts then I’m going in once a month. I’m flexing this bitch for as many miles per gallon as I can.

Lululover412 t1_iu486qk wrote

I work in IT/Finance from home 100%.

Before the pandemic, my job was full-time in office (I had a desktop PC workstation). I got sent home in March 2020 with a laptop and never came back haha.

Fortunately for me, my company realized early on they were saving a ton of money by having people use their own toilet paper and hand soap. Granted, I believe they own a lot of their buildings, so they didn’t need to justify leases.

cjr9831 t1_iu45k1g wrote

i work in squirell hill and commute from the south hills. traffic was super light this morning on my way in

TazerMonkey1419 t1_iu48rns wrote

Banking Client Support, mandated to be in the office two days a week. There have been rumblings about that jumping to 4-5 because upper management had a walk through and was pissed off at all the empty desks.

Zealousideal-Bug1967 t1_iu48zhc wrote

Lawyer. Commute virtually everyday. boss is a hardo who thinks we need to be in the office for some reason. WFH a couple times a month.

I commute from the south hills, through the city, into the north hills. I usually leave early enough in the mornings that I don’t deal with much traffic on my commute to work but coming home is a different story. I actually think the traffic is worse on Fridays.

Xaldex t1_iu434li wrote

IT Support. I commute M-F and there is definitely way less traffic on Fridays. I got to work 15 minutes early today and I left late lmao

chad4359 t1_iu45pym wrote

That's strange because I've noticed more traffic going home on Fridays lately, not a lot but definitely the heaviest of the week

Xaldex t1_iu4a5d9 wrote

I haven't really noticed that a lot mostly because I go past the McKees Rocks bridge to get home and I swear it's always backed up. Once I'm past there, smooth sailing though.

DIY_Creative t1_iu4dbju wrote

This is my experience too! REALLY heavy traffic on the way home on Fridays, at least comparative to the rest of the week.

Chihlidog t1_iu47gv4 wrote

I commute M-F, Fridays definitely are MUCH lighter, but I also notice Monday to be a little lighter as well. Tuesdays are typically a nightmare.

I work code enforcement for a suburban municipality.

Omgitsjustdae t1_iu491ef wrote

Healthcare IT Business Analyst. 7:30am to 3:3pm during the week and it was WFH before the pandemic.

I'm glad because being on the other side of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel to make it to the North Side was the worst.

sugarhillboss t1_iu49s98 wrote

Potter. Every day is different. Teaching, firing kilns, selling work, fixing equipment.

PittsburghBirdNerd t1_iu4bdwb wrote

Higher education. MWF on campus and T Th from home, which suits me just fine because Tuesdays seem to have the worst traffic.

Decent-Necessary849 t1_iu4k8v7 wrote

I've also noticed the traffic is much more subdued recently. I'm a M-F commuter, microbiologist.

Wxfisch t1_iu450f0 wrote

IT work, I go in the office one day a week and get every other Friday off. I also take surface streets from home (Wilkins/Churchill area) to work (West Mifflin) so there’s that too.

ListofReddit OP t1_iu45afs wrote

As much as I think I want a WFH job I think I’d hate it. I love the social interaction with people.

ComprehensiveCat7515 t1_iu4hawh wrote

I bartend on the side for the social interaction I miss from being WFH for my full time job.

princessblowhole t1_iu4sw10 wrote

I'm thinking about going back to a PT service job just to get out of the house and socialize. I have a love/hate relationship with my WFH 9-5, not the not itself, just being at home all the time.

gldmj5 t1_iu4p265 wrote

I've been WFH since 2012 but have recently been looking for a career change because of that lack of social interaction during the work week. I suspect a lot of these people who fought so hard to keep their WFH status will start feeling the same in a few years. A hybrid setup seems to be ideal.

Wxfisch t1_iu4i8bh wrote

I’m fairly introverted and honestly get a ton more work done from home due to fewer distractions. I do sometimes miss the social interaction but going in once a week is usually enough for me.

tigerlily_223 t1_iu46ery wrote

I go in Monday - Thursday and WFH Friday. My SO usually goes in Tuesday & Wednesday and WFH the rest.

bravenaike t1_iu483jx wrote

I work a hybrid job! Monday through Wednesday, and then Wednesday and Friday, alternating. I work in litigation support. I rarely drive anyways though - my work pays for my busing. Luckily, the bus picks up down the street and drops me off right near my office.

RapidMongrel t1_iu49375 wrote

I'm a dispatcher/router for a courrier company I have to go to the office every day.

Proberts160 t1_iu4bc8e wrote

I commute 4 days a week and typically Monday is the day I WFH. Traffic is light heading to work on Friday - but usually pretty bad on my way home. Not sure how to make sense of that.

Zealousideal-Bug1967 t1_iu4bw13 wrote

I feel like traffic on my commute home is the worst on Fridays. Completely agree with you.

ATribeCalledGreg t1_iu4dkud wrote

My theory is it’s the only day you have the junction of work commuters (although lighter than normal), mixing with people going out socially (happy hours, dates), and tourists getting started on their weekend getaway.

Unethical_GOP t1_iu4dpvq wrote

WFH since 2011. I’m out of the commuting loop.

kaitb1103 t1_iu4fvbw wrote

Legal admin. In the office 5 days a week!

pburgh2517 t1_iu4jh6v wrote

Data Manager in downtown office M and W. Most days are 8-5.

Lincassable t1_iu4ny29 wrote

Remote real-time captioner (stenographer). I usually caption a few TV shows or webinars from 11am-3pm, total averages 2 hours. Then I hang out with my daughter when she gets home from school and start dinner, go back to work at 5pm for a couple half-hour shows and then in the evening caption an NBA or NFL game for 3-4 hours straight, depending on the network and sport. In all I work average 6 hours a day 6 days a week, but it’s all spaced out. And I work more than necessary. Company only requires five days a week with a minimum of 22 hours.

ListofReddit OP t1_iu4ockm wrote

How much does this truly pay though? I remember seeing one where you paid by the key stroke or word and it was like 10 cents a word

Lincassable t1_iu4yvy7 wrote

I get paid $55 per hour of writing, and $13/hour for prep time and standby.

ListofReddit OP t1_iu4zoef wrote

Could this be a part time deal? I’d do it if the hours are right.

Lincassable t1_iu52vwo wrote

You would a degree or certificate in court reporting because you have to use a stenography machine, not a regular keyboard, because you have to type upwards of 250 wpm. And then if you wanted to work the minimum 22 hours a week, you could probably get away with minimum 25 hours a week bare minimum once you know what you're doing!

put_the_ux_in_sux t1_iu4yoym wrote

Director/lead of design systems (native / embedded) for a forbes top 25 corporation.

Fully remote. Do have to fly to headquarters or other office location once every 6-8 weeks.

Have to be physically at my desk from 10am - 3pm.

James19991 t1_iu45xch wrote

WFH, but I get together in person at the office with my team twice a month

ListofReddit OP t1_iu46evb wrote

There you go. I need a WFH job. Seems they always pay double what I make haha.

James19991 t1_iu46rgj wrote

I'm definitely not bringing in big bucks haha, but I can afford my rent without a roommate and my car payment, so I guess I'm doing better than a lot of people. I save over $1,000 a year by not having to deal with commuting much too.

[deleted] t1_iu476ba wrote

It costs so much money to go to work it’s nuts.

And personally I find I spend way more money when I’m at work. (Coffee runs, lunch, lottery tickets etc).

Like yeah I get that it’s my job as someone who isn’t rich to stimulate the local economy rather than say, redistributing the wealth of the top 1% or something crazy like that, but not going in to work for a while made me realize how much working actually cost me!

James19991 t1_iu47ltw wrote

True. I would grab a coffee early in the afternoon like twice a week when I was in person everyday and go to CVS at least once a week. Not anymore for both of those now hah

ListofReddit OP t1_iu46vwn wrote

Yeah I know you’re making more than me lol. Like where are the jobs that make 60k+ starting out

glenn_q t1_iu47ksp wrote

I've noticed it too. Maybe some of the larger downtown employers are WFH on Fridays.

lutzcody t1_iu49s7j wrote

Accountant work in cranberry 1-2 days a week in the office. Usually Tuesday and/or Thursdays.

junebugreggae t1_iu4c0t4 wrote

9 to 5 - typically walk to the office (40 mins 1-way) - DBA /Sysadmin work

ComprehensiveCat7515 t1_iu4h890 wrote

Even before the pandy, traffic was lighter on Fridays.

I'm still mostly remote because of the pandy, however we're supposed to find out in the next week what the post-pandy work situation will be. I'll quit before I have to go back in 5 days a week. I could grumpily handle going in one day a week but moving farther from the city because of the pandy would cost me a lot of time, money, and stress to have to commute.

I work in IT/Information Security.

Sufficient_Way4007 t1_iu4l9i1 wrote

I work hybrid, usually wfh two days a week. I think lighter traffic on Fridays has always been normal, even before the pandemic