Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

soupsoup1326 t1_ireeik3 wrote

Where did they say the person was a bridge painter? All the articles I’ve seen including this one generically said construction worker.

Edit: Not sure why all the down votes. Bridge painters ARE construction workers. I was asking simply where the OP had heard specifically that the worker was a bridge painter, since every article so far has been pretty sparse with details.

arashmara t1_ireenzs wrote

I work on this site.

Bridge painters are construction workers.

soupsoup1326 t1_irefbid wrote

I wasn’t implying that they aren’t. Just that no articles had said anything more specific than the generic term “construction worker”. Thank you for the clarification. And damn sorry to hear that. Stay safe out there.

Shoddy-Internal8654 t1_irf1nyx wrote

My husband is a bridge painter down on the Clemente Bridge and we saw the news first thing this morning. He instantly said it was a bridge painter because he drives by there each day and knows the company on that site. I haven’t seen it actually published that way yet either, just still using construction worker. But those bridge painters definitely fall under that category.

arashmara t1_irf30ze wrote

I used to paint transmission lines before doing bridge work. Painting bridges is way more dangerous in every aspect of the job.

PGHENGR t1_ireq2q6 wrote

Who’s the company doing the work?

NoSwimmers45 t1_ireg2ly wrote

It happened overnight and most early articles had no definitive information from the authorities. It’s certainly possible an update has been issued and this article was published or amended after that information release.