Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Moogottrrgr t1_itqu1p6 wrote

There's this place in Canonsburg: https://coolsalvage.com/

But as someone who has been doing what you're doing for years now and still haven't found a match for my giant front door, I'm going to bite the bullet and have a custom one made at Allied Millwork www.alliedmillwork.com. My browser says there's a problem with their site, but I've used it before so if it doesn't work, try back in a day or so. I have windows from there and know lots of people who have gotten doors in the past.

Moogottrrgr t1_itqvhsb wrote

This is the granddaddy of architectural salvage, if you feel like driving to Scranton (I have dreamed, but haven't tried it.) https://ogtstore.com/

PGHENGR t1_itszbde wrote

He doesn’t want to drive to Mars so Scranton is probably out haha

Moogottrrgr t1_itukrhf wrote

Ha ha, good point. But the Scranton place will let him know ahead of time if they have what he's looking for.

IcyButters OP t1_iu4th8v wrote

I don't want to drive somewhere if it's going to waste my time. I will happily drive very far if it means driving home with a door. Why are you being such a petulant pissbaby about this? Are you a retiree with time to burn? Grow the fuck up and stop being a crybaby cunt just because I have a life other than burning gas for no fucking reason.

fucking awful humans on this sub

PGHENGR t1_iu4ts3y wrote

Because people are literally taking their time to answer you and you incessantly shoot them down. That’s why.

unhandled_int t1_itqwevx wrote

Allied Millwork in the Strip makes fabulous doors; definitely recommended!

IcyButters OP t1_iu4ttst wrote

Do you mind if I ask how much that cost you? The main reason I'm looking to do this is because new doors are bafflingly expensive and it would be trivially easy to refinish an older, cheaper one. It's not really necessary for me to spend a bunch of money on a custom door.

Moogottrrgr t1_iu5l7gt wrote

Yeah, I'm on year 22 of looking for a door I can just refinish and hang. Good luck!
I haven't gotten a quote yet - it was the plan for this winter, but Allied will give you a quote online. Someone I know who did it and was offended by me asking the price said it was "less than $5,000" in answer to me asking if it was "like $5,000 or $10,000?"