Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Reactor_Jack t1_iwhen3o wrote

The DA has not said anything about what the plea deal (if there is one) entails. This is someone (a parent) making that statement claiming to have heard it, so this is even less than unofficial.

On the other hand... I have heard nothing about the employee that let him in just a few days after the district (school) having held refresher training to NOT permit this kind of thing to happen (per the original new story). The original news story said they were suspended, but I could not find anything on that investigation outcome. Sorry, but that person should likely loose (or did loose) their job. I was not able to find anything in the news on it, nor my reviewing the Gateway School Board Notes from April through present for anything related to this case. Personnel matters, I understand, are somewhat confidential, but some record I would have assume would be there for the outcome of the investigation (no names).

CARLEtheCamry t1_iwhw1xf wrote

> This is someone (a parent) making that statement claiming to have heard it, so this is even less than unofficial.

Fair assessment. I can say, when one of my kids was the victim of a crime, the (Butler) DA met with me before offering a plea deal, actually deferred to my judgement. They didn't have to, and this case is different, but something like "We need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the intent" if you go for higher charges could risk the guy getting off with zero punishment. I don't know the details of this case, just speculating.