Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WinterWontStopComing t1_iy8yrdc wrote

I know certain Giant eagles offer small packs with a half dozen or so fresh bay leaves. Think it's a market district product. Should be near edible flowers, fresh poultry spice blend, and single sealed plastic fresh herb containers.

JustTryingMyBestWPA t1_iyac7wy wrote

My husband gets them at Giant Eagle (in the produce section).

WinterWontStopComing t1_iyad9q2 wrote

There’s a market district across the street from my main work site, lol I hate that I knew exactly where they were. But yeah, the ones your husband gets are probably the ones I’m thinking of.

o_c_d t1_iy9ak5l wrote

Here at publix the sell the bay plant... do they at G E?

WinterWontStopComing t1_iy9zdtk wrote

I don’t know. They asked bout leaves not plants

EDIT: toned down negative inflection

−3

o_c_d t1_iya3uog wrote

Tell me you aren't from Pittsburgh without telling me you're not from Pittsburgh...

PennDA t1_iy937x8 wrote

If you find them - please post where you did, I’ve been looking for them too-thanks

The_Gray_Mouser OP t1_iy93njq wrote

Will do. Gonna try the Indian shop by Monroeville mall too. But I'll be in town for work tomorrow so I'll let you know.

floppgh t1_iyaftfo wrote

Delmont Walmart had them 2 days ago . 1 buck for a dozen leaves in the fresh herb section .

Neat-Pangolin1782 t1_iy8zev8 wrote

I know I've seen them in the strip. I think it was one of the Asian markets.

The_Gray_Mouser OP t1_iy90doo wrote

That's actually where I'm gonna head tomorrow tbh. Been a pain trying to find them lately..

spooky_jade t1_iy9r98g wrote

Yeah I’ve gotten them at Penn Mac in the strip before

Rivarle t1_iy9tnf4 wrote

I saw a bunch of Bay trees in DC last week; are Bay trees less common in Pittsburgh? Doesn't get any fresher than off the tree.

WinterWontStopComing t1_iy9zu9c wrote

DC is a few growing zones south of PA. Bay laurel is generally only rated for zones 8 to 10. Not sure any of PA is even in 7

TheDarknessIBecame t1_iyaimee wrote

We’re 7a and 7b!

WinterWontStopComing t1_iyaitye wrote

I’m in 6. I hesitated on that certainty after the fact. Are you in south PA?

EDIT: okay TIL PA is 5B to 7A with small pockets of 5A and 7B according to google. I thought it was all 6A and 6B

CARLEtheCamry t1_iyc7wiy wrote

TY, I was looking this up. If I used fresh herbs on any kind of regular basis I try and grab a little herb shrubbery and let it grow in my kitchen windowsill. But doesn't seem possible for bay, I'm not keeping a tree in my house and it won't survive outdoors.

WinterWontStopComing t1_iycswx0 wrote

I mean theoretically I think bay laurel is container friendly. And if PA extends through zone seven, it’s something that could be on a porch three quarters of the year and overwintered indoors.

Don’t quote me on any of this tho, lol I’m still in the process of waking up

banallthemusic t1_iy9jxnj wrote

you can get them at any indian store like Patel Brothers.

hsonnt t1_iy9cccn wrote

Fresh Thyme has them!

Important-Ad8244 t1_iy9gyiz wrote

Indian stores. Used as an ingredient in Biryani

lrube t1_iyb6r4e wrote

Oh man! My mom has about a 5ft tall bay leaf plant! She’s been growing it for years. It’s great when I need some bay leaves. If you can’t find any PM me and I can maybe hook you up!

The_Gray_Mouser OP t1_iyb7bh8 wrote

My guy...let me see how town works out

lrube t1_iyb7pbz wrote

I texted my mom a screenshot of this and she responded “in my kitchen” she’s a boss.

The_Gray_Mouser OP t1_iyba0a1 wrote

Yusssssssssssss tbh tho....I use them to treat my asthma and I got none left. Give your mah a what up

OrangeSundays19 t1_iy942ox wrote

Not positive (I'd call ahead) but Linea Verde Green Market in Bloomfield always has things like this.

stadulevich t1_iybu87u wrote

Are they no longer at giant eagle or whole foods? Saw some the other day walking by the isle at trader joes in East Lib

mDm81 t1_iycwj1u wrote

I've seen them at fresh thyme

AdmiralMoonshine t1_iy97bnb wrote

If you can’t find them at Giant Eagle, the strip is your best bet. Wholey’s or Lotus should have them. If not them somebody down there will.