Submitted by funkyb t3_yne87k in pittsburgh

Heard a loud 'thump' sound last night followed by a large animal moving through the bushes in front of my house. Came out this morning and the giant spider web decoration I'd been meaning to put away was missing - just a few bits left where it had been tied to my house, some half-eaten pumpkins, and goddamn hornets guarding the pumpkin bits (who decided 75 was a good high for November?)

If anyone sees a deer running around McCandless with a spider web and a big, fuzzy spider toy in its antlers lmk.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

uglybushes t1_iva2a3s wrote

Man imagine the person who is going to hit this deer with their car that is covered in a giant spiderweb and fake spider

Ok_Yard_4646 t1_iv9s600 wrote

I hunt in that area sometimes, I shall avenge your spider web!

skagmire_ t1_ivaxpa8 wrote

Just out of curiosity, are you that bow hunter that parks by the gate by Wallpark over on SLOOP RD?

Ok_Yard_4646 t1_iveomv5 wrote

Wait blue truck? I know a dude who hunts over that way.

skagmire_ t1_ivepc49 wrote

I can't remember the truck color sorry. I was more curious if anyone had any luck over there. I get some pretty good pics on my trailcam. I don't bowhunt and that all too close to houses to bother with anything else (at least in my eyes)

Ok_Yard_4646 t1_ivepjda wrote

They probably did have some luck, ive had really good luck hunting city woods before.

Willow-girl t1_iv9w4ep wrote

OMG. You may be missing a spider, but you got a good story out of it!

gimmedemplants t1_ivb7mfc wrote

Lmao too funny!

My friend was driving around the South Hills a couple years ago when a big buck rant out in front of her and clipped the side of her car. Somehow, he managed to take off her side mirror, and she watched him bound away with the mirror stuck in his antlers. Sometimes I wonder how long it stayed there and if anyone ever happened to come across him 😂

Kay_pgh t1_iva9zxp wrote

Spider-deer? Will keep an eye out for when its flying around looking to do good deeds.

X_PRSN t1_ivasveh wrote

Spiderdeer! Spiderdeer!

Does whatever a spiderdeer can!

funkyb OP t1_iveldpj wrote

Hmm, now I've got a good story and a good d&d monster out of this

dreadmonster t1_ivcat86 wrote

It was just trying to help you take your decorations down don't sound so ungrateful.