Submitted by jamierocksanne t3_z86146 in pittsburgh

Is there a Guinness world record for the number of (separate) projects being completed on a road way in a county? 28 sucked before but it’s become undriveable quite literally, you could put your car in park and achieve the same f****** thing.

Also: they’re just buckwild with the signs, right lane closed, surprise mother f*******s it’s the left lane! End road work in the middle of an active construction zone, just random signage everywhere it’s damn confusing anymore.

End rant.

(This post is regarding Lawrenceville to natrona heights or the reverse…if that wasn’t obvious)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AuctorLibri t1_iy9zu3i wrote

>surprise... it's in the left lane!

I felt this keenly.

hiperson134 t1_iyaw5tr wrote

This whole multi-project mess has been an absolute embarrassment. Plus they seem to do all the work only at the most trafficked hours.

jamierocksanne OP t1_iyawmeo wrote

Today they had us at a 3 mile standstill southbound to replace light bulbs at 1:45pm between Etna and 40th st.

You’re not wrong. They’re there at 5:30am setting up when I go through on my way to work (harmar) and they’re wrapping up when I come back into the city at 3:30pm. They literally have made zero effort to NOT impact traffic. Between RIDC and the mills today they had one lane closed each direction, why? Why TF knows, I didn’t see ANYBODY working anywhere, I drive back and forth several times a day and I’m just baffled at this shit.

burritoace t1_iyd7tsj wrote

>They’re there at 5:30am setting up when I go through on my way to work (harmar) and they’re wrapping up when I come back into the city at 3:30pm.

When do you think they should complete the work?

You should join the industry and take a stab at planning a project like this!

jamierocksanne OP t1_iydaop2 wrote

Jokes on you I already did, that’s what I do for a living. The huge project near the highland park bridge yes, I get it, especially since people live very nearby I don’t expect them to be working with jackhammers at 2am…

I’m talking about line painting, lightbulb changing…that type of shit, that random lane closures with out signage or incorrect signage. The project manager needs to coordinate better with the separate crews doing all of the work in the myriad of projects going on. It’s just getting out of control.

hiperson134 t1_iycvs9c wrote

I guess they've added a new one between Millvale and Etna?? This is absurd. I've spent too much of my life sitting on 28 in bumper to bumper traffic over the last year and a half.

jamierocksanne OP t1_iycxga5 wrote

They were doing something on the train tracks on the north bound side too but they required the right lane to be closed. I was like wtf.

lutzcody t1_iyah4b8 wrote

I don’t really think it’s that bad… except during rush hour. Never understood the 28 hate on this sub, it’s extremely convenient if you live in the east end. Beats going any other way

jamierocksanne OP t1_iyahgga wrote

Literally the first person in history to speak it’s praises.

GubbyPac t1_iybkipk wrote

I think the hate is it’s just miserable to drive on. Usually heavy traffic, always someone going 30 under the speed limit and 40 over it and it’s poorly designed.

mira_lee2 t1_iybf6yw wrote

My favorite part of construction is the detours that just stop in the middle of nowhere. It always feels like someone got distracted midway through the detour set up and left it half undone. Then you're stuck using GPS to try to figure out how to get back on the right route. (And maps is unaware there is a detour so it tries to bring you right back to the closed road.)

Oneirox t1_iycazil wrote

I was laughing at those exact signs on my way into work this morning!
Active Work Zone Ahead!
Then no joke 20 feet behind it “End Work Zone”.
Right next to where they are using the huge auger to dig.