Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j2468cj wrote

[deleted]

−2

jnissa t1_j249y7l wrote

Actually - you are the exception. Either your home is seriously well insulated or perhaps your heat runs partial electric? No average house in pittsburgh is going to run sub 200 dollars on gas in a super cold month here unless it’s got some other factor contributing to keeping the cost low.

throwawayorthrowing t1_j24dwj1 wrote

Yeah this doesn't makes sense at all unless you spent $5-10k on whole house insulation.

Wooden_Albatross_832 t1_j24e3sb wrote

Nope house built in the 60s nothings been done since.

throwawayorthrowing t1_j24f941 wrote

Depending when your billing cycle hits it may have not captured this freeze and you'll see it reflected on the next bill.

Confident_End_3848 t1_j24x8ix wrote

I keep a 3 bedroom townhouse at 74 degrees and my budget for people’s gas is about $70 a month.

jnissa t1_j24z1kt wrote

Is that what your actual bill is this month? But also, if you are an interior town house you have the advantage of only two of four walls being exterior facing. Even if you are an end unit you only have 3 of 4 walls exterior facing. It makes a difference

Confident_End_3848 t1_j2514om wrote

It’s an end unit built in the 90’s, so pretty good insulation and windows replaced about 7 years ago. I haven’t seen the latest bill yet, but I think the cutoff date is usually before the polar temps got here.