Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

psychopompandparade t1_j1byv3i wrote

Can you get someone to catsit? Do you have non-electric heat? There's going to be wind and then it will get cold enough that your cats will not be okay with just blankets. You could also have burst pipes. If you have propane or oil heating, and you have winterized your place, and especially if you have someone who can gear up and check on them? Or better yet, can you leave them with someone else? If your heat goes out over those days, your cats will not be warm enough. I don't know what you have set up in terms of litter boxes or if youve done this before with them.

panther5634 OP t1_j1bz9sq wrote

I didn’t even think of this but now I feel sick ugh. I have neighbors in the house but I don’t really know them, thinking about slipping a note under their doors with my number?? Just so they can keep me posted should the power go out? Should I leave them a key too? I’m so stressed about this whole situation.

psychopompandparade t1_j1bznc7 wrote

i assume taking them with is not an option? i dont have pets so i dont know the pet networks here and if nextdoor or fiverr or something is a good place to check. itd be useful to know if your power goes out regardless and have a plan. sorry i cant help more.