Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MrSchenleyMD t1_j2a1vmr wrote

Parking near the hospital is limited and relatively expensive, unless you are one of the lucky ones to have parking included as a benefit.

A lot of UPMC employees park at the Towerview garage, which is like a ten minute walk down a hill to the hospital. I don’t know what the cost is off the top of my head, though. There’s another employee lot near the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial, but again, I don’t know prices offhand. It’s about the same distance, but much less hilly.

Honestly, if you live near the Children’s Hospital, the shuttle is a viable option for you if you don’t mind riding a bus to and from work. I don’t know exactly where it stops in Oakland these days because there’s so much construction around Presby, but it usually has multiple stops within a block. I did that exact commute during med school when I lived in Lawrenceville for a summer, and it was really easy (and free!)

whenitrains71 OP t1_j2a4jsm wrote

Thanks so much! I was thinking the shuttle should be my choice but this pretty much is solidifying it. I looked into employee parking permits and they don’t have them available for any close lots anyway!