Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ruppy99 t1_j1d8ydj wrote

Before you ask how the roads are, don't. Stay home and stay safe

ConflictGrand4078 t1_j1dgqm6 wrote

Tell that to my boss

Slightly-Evil-Man t1_j1dr813 wrote

Ikr😭 My boss still expects me in tonight. He could give less of a fuck if I die trying to get there🤦🏽‍♂️

jetsetninjacat t1_j1e7pod wrote

Seriously. I had to convince 3 people above me just to approve OT so I could get to work before the weather turned this morning. They didn't want ro adjust me since they didn't want to do the work that I would miss later, so that's why it was OT.

icestormsurfing t1_j1dowmb wrote

So how are they?

TiesThrei t1_j1ddgyp wrote

It says all the roads in Pittsburgh are peachy keen. Don't believe the hype.

TransporterOffline t1_j1dakco wrote

511 PA definitely first choice, but also Waze or Google Maps can show you how many accidents are out there on your usual route. Once you see all the crash icons and red lines, you can safely commit to staying home. :-)

DaleGribble312 t1_j1drwkb wrote

part of the pittsburgh charm is that you can expect the subreddit to look more like nextdoor or a facebook group for grandmas.

loubones17 t1_j1f1hw5 wrote

Next door cracks me up - I think the average age for posters is 75! The stuff they write is hilarious - so while the app is useless, I’m guaranteed a good chuckle when ever I open it up

PennSaddle t1_j1dm2we wrote

Snow build up isn’t bad at all from this. If they can get the ice treated, then the wind is more manageable. Hope that can happen soon!!

low_la t1_j1dpaqk wrote

Anyone know how things are looking on the side streets? I live in the north side. Shitty time to run out of diapers!!! 😬

Hng-9252022 t1_j1dxdc5 wrote

Where on the Northside are you? I'm in Fineview and have some Size 1s and 3s i can give you if needed!

low_la t1_j1dxxt3 wrote

My dude is in size 6 but thank you so much for offering!

sbliss35 t1_j1dpq22 wrote

Not cleared by my house, at least. I feel like it’ll be at least a few more hours until side streets are touched. Maybe longer.

billfriedman9987 t1_j1eq8fs wrote

The snow and ice is not melting because it’s so cold. People are driving way too fast.

loubones17 t1_j1f162r wrote

Cranberry area checking in - roads are a mess and people driving like idiots

xoltharjoemama t1_j1fmm50 wrote

Compared to when the roads are bare and people are driving like idiots.

Anji_Mito t1_j1g2sw3 wrote

I think is the same driving style, just with snow.

Buttface_Miscreant_ t1_j1fhrde wrote

Can confirm. Just over the Beaver county line from Cranberry… hot steaming mess out here.

da_london_09 t1_j1eyjll wrote

The live cameras are the best part

fuzzimus t1_j1fq0qy wrote

Geez. It’s slippy. Everywhere is slippy. Dahn’t be a jagoff when yer drivin’.

cigarmanpa t1_j1h4zbr wrote

Yes but how are the roads?

dmcd0415 t1_j1exsfo wrote

I didn't see anybody ask but I saw at least one genius post that they were

LostCause666946 t1_j1fjq65 wrote

Going to Gibsonia from CLE tomorrow early afternoon. Any news on the PA turnpike conditions? Is there a chance of the speed limit reductions lifted? This brutal storm gotta go away! Thanks for the 511pa link.

ppmiaumiau t1_j1fssj6 wrote

We were supposed to drive to Pittsburgh from Detroit today. How are things looking in your neck of the woods?

Not sure it's happening tomorrow either.

LostCause666946 t1_j1g7flv wrote

The snow and wind haven’t stopped. Huge crash on Ohio Turnpike near Sandusky today, two deaths reported. White-out conditions. Just totally brutal.

ETA:

SANDUSKY COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — Four people are now confirmed dead after a pileup of dozens of cars along the Ohio Turnpike amid wintry conditions, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The crashes happened Friday afternoon along Interstate 80 eastbound between Route 53 and State Route 4 in Sandusky County, near Groton Township and the Erie County line. At least 46 cars were involved. Just after 9 p.m. Friday, the patrol confirmed four people were killed.
Weather was a factor in the crash, the patrol later Friday.

LostCause666946 t1_j1j37ak wrote

PA turnpike from Ohio to Butler Valley was perfect. Ohio turnpike was OK, just not as good as PA. I-271 and I-480 in my area was sloppy and wet. Saw a few wrecks including a jackknifed trailer and smashed SUV.