Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Metrichex t1_j1u1sxm wrote

No, but I did lose water and heat. I still don't have heat. I hate my landlord.

GuncleShark t1_j22pn2m wrote

We haven’t had proper heat all month. Landlord waited until December to turn on the boilers, only to discover that one was broken. It’s been down for weeks while “waiting for a part.” We told them we were calling the health department. They jerry-rigged something and got a little heat for a couple days, then down again. When we got that deep winter blast, it got brutal. More calls to landlord and they finally offered to bring space heaters, but we already had purchased two of them. Then, the power went out on Friday during the storm! Meanwhile, our downstairs neighbor has been away for weeks. Other neighbors went into her apartment on Christmas Eve to water plants and it was frigid. They discovered all the pipes were frozen, so no water in that apartment. They contacted landlord and received no response at all. Christmas Day, the pipe burst and flooded everything from second floor down (we’re on 3rd.) Couldn’t get in touch with landlord so I called the fire department. Water was pouring down the front of the house exterior and froze the door shut! Light fixture in the entry way filled with water. FD arrived, shut off water and electricity, so no heat at all in the building now! LL finally showed up and had to relocate first floor tenant; his apartment is a disaster. We left the day after Christmas. Neighbors contacted us, and suddenly the boiler is fixed! Massive repair still needed on first floor. All could have been avoided by checking the boilers in September or October.

uswforever t1_j1umkop wrote

Ours went out for a little while, maybe an hour?

melowrie t1_j1vciw7 wrote

Did lose my heat though.

Jupichan t1_j22sl0c wrote

Yeah, a power line dropped onto my driveway while I was at work. I think we were without power for about 10-11 hours or so.

theherbpuffer t1_j1xkjjb wrote

My brother's electricity went out for a day or so. He said he woke up and went to the restroom and the toilet water was ice. He also left the sink dripping overnight but by the morning it was just a stream of solid ice🤣