Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

gbw5027 t1_j3ka9g4 wrote

Please be respectful of every grave you visit. These are real people under those stones. Not just for your pleasure but they deserve respect. I like walking the graves too and praying for the departed. That being said, Andy Warhol’s grave would be a good one to visit. Art Rooney’s grave is in Peters Twp.

TrentWolfred t1_j3kvb9b wrote

It’s important to be respectful of, and not damage, any property that isn’t yours, but one needn’t be reverent of buried organic matter. Those were real people, and now they’re on their way to becoming dirt again.

Allegheny Cemetery is one of the most beautiful (and my personal favorite) of all the parks in the city. It’s close to where I live and I love jogging and walking through it. I’m not going to go dancing on graves, but I’m also not going to avoid stepping on top of them, on rare occasion, because of someone else’s unfounded superstition.

gbw5027 t1_j3pk84c wrote

I just try to be respectful of the dead and of any relatives that might be visiting. There’s plenty of places for me to exercise so that I’m not stepping on someone’s grave. I try to be respectful of everyone’s views and even, as you would say, their “unfounded superstitions”. It isn’t hard to be a nice person and respectful of everyone’s beliefs.