Submitted by mynamemightbealan t3_10jqvu2 in pittsburgh

Hi everyone, I'm shopping for a men's suit with a budget of about 500-600 dollars. I'd like to try to buy locally and avoid box stores/chains. Through my googling, it seems like the local places I have found are servicing those with a higher end budget than I have. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Crittbeast t1_j5m50tu wrote

Joseph Orlando downtown might be able to help you with something. I’ve always had luck going to Nordstrom Rack, getting something close, and taking it to get fitted at Rocky’s in Bloomfield.

CrayZ_Squirrel t1_j5oj8hn wrote

I second getting something off the rack and having it tailored to fit locally. I've used Frank a couple times and he's awesome.

drmellowship t1_j5mc4zc wrote

Heinz Healey's downtown could probably do something in that range. Their custom suits are pricier than that but they have some pretty nice off-the-rack suits they can adjust. Much better than any big box department store.

glenn_q t1_j5mc6hl wrote

Maybe consider Berk's Menswear in North Huntingdon if you're open to a little bit of a drive.

lam3ass t1_j5m6wa2 wrote

Indochino- I know you mention “ big box stores” but this a bespoke suit where you pick the material, style, they only measure you in the stores and then it arrives at your home

Sunglassesatnight81 t1_j5pbjys wrote

Custom with Samuel Barron. You’ll pay more but it’s worth it.

ocdcdo t1_j5rka9t wrote

Local is either going to be selling big brands anyhow, or will be bespoke for a few thousand a suit. For your price point I like to either order from Suitsupply online or you can try Bonobos in East liberty.

YinzerJagsNat t1_j5qa1nn wrote

Local means you're going to pay. I buy all my suits at Macy's: They have a 50%+ off sale at least monthly.