Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dogmom412 t1_j6l91eb wrote

I live in Upper St Clair and we are technically a Pittsburgh address. And we are definitely a burb.

PoorGuyCrypto t1_j6lgpam wrote

Most people in Allegheny County write "Pittsburgh" as their address - regardless of where they pay their local taxes to.

The closest point in the city to USC is the city/Dormont border on West Liberty Ave.

dogmom412 t1_j6mn4g3 wrote

The official 15241 zip code is Pittsburgh, not Upper St Clair. Either will get it delivered correctly, but the USC post office is listed as a "Pittsburgh" address.

2211 Lesnett Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15241

PoorGuyCrypto t1_j6mrvvx wrote

Honestly, it doesn't matter.

Suburbanites calling themselves "Pittsburghers" is technically wrong (you live where you pay local and school taxes), but it isn't hurting anyone.

I do wish people from Fayette and Butler would leave our names out their mouths, though.

dogmom412 t1_j6ms9de wrote

I personally don't say I am from Pittsburgh, I generally say that I am from the South Hills because there's USC stigma. And we have lived in Squirrel Hill so we have done city life. My husband is retired Air Force so we have lived lots of places.

PoorGuyCrypto t1_j6msphu wrote

I grew up in the city and then moved to the "poor part" of Mt. Lebanon as a teen. My older friends would always dunk on me for being "rich now." I get that stigma.