Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NeptuneNancy42 t1_j9ggzct wrote

I don’t have any restaurant recommendations for you, but if your boyfriend lives in New England, check out https://www.nefoodallergy.org

They have offices in West Hartford, CT and Quincy, MA. My son did the protocols for peanuts and treenuts at the CT office when he was in high school. After the initial visit, one goes back every two weeks to up-dose, so if you have to travel, it’s not too bad.

It’s not a cure but it is life-changing in that he no longer has to worry about cross-contamination. As long as a meal doesn’t contain peanuts or treenuts, he’s good! We can go to restaurants without pre-planning everything these days.

TheF0restSpirit t1_j9rem7o wrote

!! Upvoted this!! I’ve been doing sesame desensitization with them in the Quincy office for a year and a half now. From severe GI anaphylaxis to dosing myself with tahini every day. Was funny being 30 in an office where the average age of the patient is 5 years old. Highly recommend.

NeptuneNancy42 t1_j9rfnhn wrote

My son was in early high school at the time and was "old!" Glad it worked out for you, too!

As it turned out, my son was patient #1 for the walnut protocol.