Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

baobei__ t1_jcmgdl2 wrote

The East End has delicious food and an incredible selection of whiskey of all kinds. Their cocktails are also good. The atmosphere is very cozy and the staff are wonderful.

FunLife64 t1_jcmimeg wrote

Al Forno. Great bartenders. There’s 2 bars in colder seasons (one downstairs with fireplace, one upstairs) but small so a little bit of a gamble depending if it’s a weekend (would get there by 6 if weekend).

And you certainly won’t be sacrificing food quality.

Automatic-Attempt-81 t1_jcxl5fe wrote

Am I doing something wrong because I legit can never get a reservation there? Always booked up like a month in advance on the website

FunLife64 t1_jcxz95p wrote

It’s popular for a reason. You can still walk in as they don’t book all of their tables with reservations, but suggest going by 6 for this or you may have a wait.

In summer, it’s a little more flexible as they only take reservations for outside on the day of based on the weather forecast. So you can call when they open and make one then.

You also don’t need a reservation for the bar. Of course that is only great if you’re looking for a party or just 2 maybe 3.

kitemourt94 t1_jcmj8uz wrote

Mills tavern

cheddercaves t1_jcn2bwm wrote

This is my personal favorite fancy restaurant to go to. When i go here the waiters especially make me feel very comfortable in there.

rc_sneex t1_jcnxzbl wrote

New Rivers for a full meal, the Eddy for great cocktails and filling snacks. The East End is a solid runner up - their cocktails program is more expansive than New Rivers, but I don’t think the food is as good.

Ooh, and I’ve forgotten the Red Door - it’s more of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant atmosphere, but both the drinks and the food are great.

pepetheskunk t1_jcowfcm wrote

Incredible food at New Rivers and cozy farmhouse vibes

TwainVonnegut t1_jcmc3a1 wrote

My pick is Red Stripe in Wayland Sq, cozy great food, nice ambiance. Not Italian but they do some I-ish dishes.

[deleted] t1_jcox9t6 wrote

Slow Rhode is insanely cozy and has top notch food and drink. Haven’t been to every other suggested place but you won’t go wrong at Slow Rhode.

nodumbunny t1_jcp00nq wrote

I can't tell if you're planning to take your MIL to a restaurant with a full bar, or plan to sit on bar stools for your meal. I just want to suggest that if you've never seen her sit on a stool for an extended period, don't make that part of your plan. Bar stools are not universally comfortable for all bodies (which is something that might not occur to folks who find them just fine. Seemed worth mentioning.)

I'm old enough to be a MIL and I love how well you seem to know her tastes and priorities for a good night out ... Have a great time!

AaronD1986 t1_jcn5jt6 wrote

The East End. Make a reservation and ask for a table by the window.

farfromjordan t1_jcn51bj wrote

Needle and Thread is nice and has great food. The chocolate mousse with Mexican spices was/is chef's kiss.

aKnowing t1_jcn8m1f wrote

I go to Blake’s pretty often cause there’s almost always a space at the bar

CrankyInProvidence t1_jcoy509 wrote

Parkside. Simple chill bistro atmosphere, nice bar, and excellent table service. After dinner you can take a short walk over to the pedestrian bridge.

RhodeRider t1_jcp2hwp wrote

New Rivers, Persimmon, Gracie’s. Can’t go wrong with any of those!

noungning t1_jcn1a7x wrote

Not Providence, but Cranston and it'd be Macera, very cozy and they have a full bar so they can make you whatever you want or pick from their menu. And their pink vodka is really good, I always go with gnocchi.

eggtonio t1_jcna1ry wrote

My favorite is Pizzico