Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mountain_Bill5743 t1_is502mx wrote

Yeah I thought it was getting bad lately, but I thought maybe I was misremembering. I have a photo from summer 2017 where you can clearly see the tables behind the right side of the fountation (adjacent to the restaurant)-- leaving a walking space around the whole thing. The center used to be completely open. Last time I was there a few weeks ago, I had to explain to my friend that it was public property even though it was literally fenced in and that we could walk over. I still didn't stay long as it felt like I was hovering around people eating.

OP, what can be done? It always seems like Federal Hill restaurants are given a lot of leverage.

pvdjay OP t1_is62rl9 wrote

I’m guessing the Providence Board of Licenses has granted these restaurants “Seasonal Expansion of Premises” licenses. I’d also assume they will expire at the end of this season and will require renewal next year. Perhaps a convo with someone at the board of licenses? Or maybe there’s a hearing process? I am sure someone else can speak to this better than I can.