Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rustybullrake t1_is6tbm3 wrote

There's a square already there, no establishment necessary. Just get the restaurant to stop squatting on the whole thing.

>she is not going to use or like the institutions

Says who? According to what?

>If someone doesn’t like neighborhood parks because they are open to the (often not-perfect) members of the public

Oh gimme a break. You know that's not at all what she said, get outta here with this weak sauce.

I don't know why you're acting like you've got a personal stake in making sure that Constantino's gets to occupy the entirety of a public space, but you're not doing them any favors with the way you're going about it. Quit digging.

khinzeer t1_is6tvdg wrote

Uhh I’m there most weekends in the summer, and I love walkable, diverse spaces where you can buy food and support small businesses. I’d like there to be more of these places, including in underutilized parks.

I do have a personal stake in it.

Also (obviously) I enjoy arguing with you losers on reddit. It's a vice. It's fun for me.

LivonSunday- t1_is7x9dv wrote

People defending women being sexually harassed by the likes of you? You have personal stake not even living in the city…? Weir flec but ok 👌 I’m a social worker and quite often need public spaces to offer parents more than a room with a chair and desk for their kids- also if I decide I enjoy spending my time AGAIN MY as in subjective to me someone you don’t know… you seem like a troll and you really showed your a$$ with the thick skin comment for men sexually harassing me no matter where I am. I guess what I’m trying to say is… maybe your a loser babe 😘

khinzeer t1_is7xq6p wrote

…I’ve lived in the city limits providence since I was three months old.

LivonSunday- t1_is7xt50 wrote

Then your on Reddit lying saying your a business owner living in Boston weird as hell!

khinzeer t1_is7xw00 wrote

… I think you’re confused.

LivonSunday- t1_is7y5ki wrote

I think your a troll you don’t live in providence or your life is a lie on Reddit either one I don’t care cause you’re tenacity to wanna fight with people online is confusing and concerning I’m a woman that agreed restaurants are overtaking the square…. You’re still on about God even knows what thick skin bocce players who cares God bless you

khinzeer t1_is88kvy wrote

i apologize for being insensitive. obviously i get a *little worked up* about zoning issues in providence, but you are my neighbor, and i'm truly sorry you were made to feel unwelcome anywhere in providence.

LivonSunday- t1_is8a6bc wrote

thoughtful apology and I appreciate that. I understand how people can get furious over stuff that is minuscule to others thank you and again god bless

rustybullrake t1_is6ulna wrote

Ah yes, a public square completely blocked with private restaurant seating. How diverse. How walkable.

It's underutilized? Can't imagine why. Perhaps because no one can utilize it?

khinzeer t1_is6v4zt wrote

Oh you don't spend much time in fed hill huh? makes more sense now.

−2

rustybullrake t1_is6vs74 wrote

My guy, I am there every week for sfogliatelle and biscotti.

You've got a bad habit of making assumptions about people and acting like it's fact.

No need to get heated. Sounds like someone needs to grow a thicker skin?

Keep digging, I'll see myself out.