Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LeetPleeb t1_iu5r9ml wrote

Save your time and don't go to Ganko Ittetsu Ramen on Thayer. Went last week, it's filthy inside, the staff is really inexperienced (not their fault, but it was really rough), and the food wasn't anywhere near good enough to try it again. Made me sad

seacucumber3000 t1_iu5ygcd wrote

Was just there last week. Staff comment is on-point, but I’d still recommend it. I don’t get the Ganko hate, it must be a seasonal staffing thing? Their ramen is so much better than what I’ve had at Wara Wara.

LeetPleeb t1_iu641c9 wrote

Idk, the ramen was only ok, with really fatty meat and a pretty small portion (I know it's supposed to have fat, this was not that). I just think it's overpriced when you can get the same quality product elsewhere

whatsaphoto t1_iu5t1gt wrote

Surprising considering their really solid rating on google. I've been to their brookline location and it was quite good. Might have just been an off day there for you :/

LeetPleeb t1_iu62xeb wrote

It was pretty surprising. It was the dirtiest front of house I've seen in a long time. Don't want to think about the areas I couldn't see. It doesn't get that dirty if there isn't serious issues in staffing/mgt.

Mountain_Bill5743 t1_iu7ff5x wrote

They actually won best of Boston in recent years (other location is Brookline). I like other options a bit more, but if that's a testament to the pretty solid reviews it does tend to have in the larger area.

Lumeyus t1_iu9k4i4 wrote

Glad we weren’t the only ones unimpressed by it. Very mid food, can’t say the service or cleanliness was that bad though

Will plug Ebisu as a much better experience completely.

Hanamii- t1_iu5tmav wrote

Where’s the good place at then?? If you’re gonna knock one place at least offer up a better one

−2

LeetPleeb t1_iu632s6 wrote

I haven't had any in PVD that is consistent and delicious enough to recommend. I was giving a warning.

Edit words