Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

decaf_flower t1_iuo9am3 wrote

Hey i used to live in Denver. Almost ten years ago now, and only for a year because i didn't feel like i really fit in for similar reasons. I'm white but not thin and appreciate nature but its not compulsive for me, nor am in a middling tech or beer company. that being said, its just a much smaller pool here. as far as a numbers game - denver has more people. and i think is more dog friendly on the whole. its 'chill'. providence is 'easy'.

i haven't tried dating here much yet after being here for a year but i will say i was surprised i was ghosted, and that a 42 year old couldn't figure out how to ask me out on a proper date. i think that denver love-bombing and/or fear of commitment is a thing - people just like being intense out there and often feel like they got something to prove, and people aren't trying as hard here. for better and for worse.

that being said, if you are over bros that don't have a personality besides wilderness survival even though they live very much on the grid, you may like the options more here! Good luck : )