Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Status_Silver_5114 t1_iw9bmmn wrote

Ok didn’t they just rebuild the viaduct ten years ago? Or am I confusing that with another massive highway project Circa 2010-2012? When they had to redo half of it because someone’s math was wrong?

tads73 OP t1_iw9dqyi wrote

That was the southbound side. The recent completion was the northbound section that was built on the footprint of the old southbound section, allowing northbound traffic to keep moving. The picture is the demolition of the original northbound section. It'll be replaced to add 3 additional lanes allowing for a breakdown lane, and 2 express left lanes. Check out the dotri page.

Status_Silver_5114 t1_iw9dyv3 wrote

Ah ok that makes more sense 😂. I suppose it’s a pipe dream that they’ll fix the awful state offices / 146 clusterf*ck in the process.

GotenRocko t1_iw9q30v wrote

Yep there will be a collector exit from I believe the mall to branch avenue so that people can't try to go from the left lane to the 146 exit at last minute and slow everyone down.

easedownripley t1_iwbyned wrote

oh boy more lanes that always works

Proof-Variation7005 t1_iwc62py wrote

I'm not sure this is really comparable to widening a highway in the traditional sense where you're taking a 4 line highway and making it 5 for miles and miles. They're just taking a traffic chokepoint and improving the design. The only extra lanes are those bypass ones that are maybe 200-300 yards long.