Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AGirlsThoughts_ OP t1_j00081i wrote

That’s false and protesting isn’t garbage, find another post to talk this nonsense

Moltoconfusion t1_j000uqb wrote

It's not false. And yes, protesting isn't garbage, I agree. But those people are not homeless. They were using personal time off from their jobs to camp on the state house lawn, in $1000 tents.

I work in Providence. I have unfortunately had to remove actual homeless people from city parks and city buildings. Those people on the state house lawn were not homeless.

−18

AGirlsThoughts_ OP t1_j0018i7 wrote

Do you know those people personally? Because I do and not a single person there was there on their “free time” who would decide to do this in the middle of December? Are you dumb?

Moltoconfusion t1_j001knp wrote

Nope, not dumb, just someone that was there and watched as they were removed. Your stance and wanting for justice for the homeless is admirable and needed. But maybe go check out the parks around Kennedy plaza before you blow smoke about the state house lawn.

−9

AGirlsThoughts_ OP t1_j005431 wrote

As was I, and I work with people experiencing homelessness throughout the state so I know what I’m talking about thank you

AhChingados t1_j01v51e wrote

Last year protest was started by advocates and a senator. I found out about it and joined. I slept there and got up in the morning to go to work, then came back to teach a class and then went back to the camp to sleep. The worry was that the state would try to arrest houseless people and having “less vulnerable” people there would bring attention and not put people with limited resources in jail. It was weird to hear or this conspiracies, and then come back to the state house and talk to case workers, veterans, people who used to be houseless, and young people who were in the foster care system. Because of this criticisms, homeless folks decided to set up tents out there this year. If you want you can go out there and bring coffee in the mornings or food. Come and listen to their experiences. And not make shit up. Houseless folks set up tents all around the city all the time, and people don’t give a flying fuck. Maybe if they embarras the people mishandling housing funds, maybe then we will see something done.