Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

split-top_gaming t1_j07my68 wrote

Food/drinks: Tallulah's taqueria, the Eddy, the dean bar (formerly the Magdalena room), venda ravioli, I liked the old canteen but it's been/being sold, NY system weiners,

Walking: prospect terrace/park, Roger Williams park, pedestrian bridge area

I find that we enjoy "taco hopping" - like bar hopping, but different taco places around town. Of course, there are booze involved.

Weekends have $10 unlimited-use commuter rail passes for easy getaways to Boston.

If you're into history, there are plenty of things to see. Benefit st, being one of the oldest in Providence, is always beautiful to walk down. The state house has a RI museum, which I believe is free to enter. You can see the state charter from 16xx. Roger Williams has a museum as well (like $2-$5 entrance fee), with natural life found in Rhode island which is fun. There are old witch graves you can find throughout the state, but you'll be leaving Providence. If you're leaving Providence,you can head to Newport and see the cliff walks, you can head to Exeter to see that witches grave, etc. - it's RI so these places aren't THAT far away. Smithfield has a lot of good restaurants these days (Laura's & blackies to name a few), so does Woonsocket (Ciro's, Christopher's, and river falls). I can always demolish a few sandwiches at the beef barn (N. Smithfield). Always have the cliff walks, too.