Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

amberalert23 t1_j276bhb wrote

I’m in Johnston and have a few memberships. I’m an old school lifter, and I’m obsessed with Power House in CT and General Fitness in Fall River… but those are for special occasions sadly. Instead, I make due with Work out World in East Providence (there’s one in Warwick but it isn’t as good), LA Fitness in Cranston, and on days when I really don’t have time to go that far, Planet Fitness in Johnston.

Surprisingly, I can get a good back or arms workout in at Planet Fitness. Chest and Legs aren’t great there, and shoulders are mediocre. If you’re serious about lifting and can plan accordingly, it doesn’t hurt to have go to gyms for certain things. I don’t mind driving to EP on a Saturday morning for legs, for example, but I’m not going to sit on the 6/10 for 30 minutes on a Thursday afternoon for it when I can do back at planet fitness.

And I’m rambling. I have zero hobbies aside from lifting and being from Johnston so this post hit all the right points lol

wutang2019 t1_j28dlyj wrote

You ever fuck with Edge? They have a good overall setup.

amberalert23 t1_j28nnue wrote

Yeah but they’re always so busy, no matter when I’ve gone. I’m thinking about springing for a membership though. They have some killer machines that I haven’t seen anywhere else local.