Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j5vmkch wrote

idk, for as much shit as i've read about her or her places, the closest i've seen to a complaint about the actual food was a small child making a weird face at an unusual smell.

ScatmanJohnMcEnroe t1_j5w5cjy wrote

This isn't a complaint, really, but the food isn't good enough for me to risk being in proximity to the owner. Is that the hallmark of a James Beard Award winner?

I mean, probably, these things are the Golden Globes of the food world.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j60vssj wrote

i honestly wouldnt even know. i heard that kid didnt like the smell, but i dont go the east side because there be dragons there

nelson64 t1_j5vqa0s wrote

Yeah say what you will, but the food is good at Little Sister and the bagels are the best bagels in town at Rebelle.

−10

LionMcTastic t1_j5w2t29 wrote

If you've never had a bagel before, or enjoy rock-adjacent foods, then sure.

nelson64 t1_j5w2z98 wrote

They’ve always been nice and soft when I’ve had them. They do get hard fast though like if you dont eat them within 2-3 days.

−5

sophware t1_j5wmb1o wrote

Anyone who knows from bagels knows you freeze them if you're not going to eat them within hours, not days.

If you love the bagels from that place, great. Nobody should yuck your yum. Best in town, though...

Make sure you've tried others. The only thing better than a bagel you really enjoy is a bagel you enjoy even more.

nelson64 t1_j5wo7hd wrote

Yeah any time I’ve gotten more than one bagel to take home from there, I’ve frozen them! Great tip.

I mean out of the bagel place on broadway and providence bagel, I’d definitely say Rebelle is my fave bagel.

−4

sophware t1_j5wp5xr wrote

Excellent!

Because of the strong rep and the location, I've retried Rebelle three times. That probably would have been my limit on its own, but that woman cemented things.

Bagel Gourmet is worth a try, if you're so inclined. A blind taste test is always fun.

Had a chance to get my hands on a dozen from Absolute Bagles in NY. Ate 4 in the car on the way home, lol.

nelson64 t1_j5wpfkn wrote

Of course any bagel from NY is gonna be next level!

LionMcTastic t1_j5w3la6 wrote

Then I guess she serves 2-3 old bagels, which actually sounds pretty on-brand for her