Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Olneyvillain4190 t1_j5vxnlp wrote

Isn’t this person a giant piece of shit ? Or am I thinking of another local business owner

dishie t1_j5vzjkj wrote

I've heard from a few folks I know who work in the service industry that she's not a very pleasant person to be employed by. But I don't know the lady so I can't say first hand.

Olneyvillain4190 t1_j5w0y45 wrote

Ok , yea I’m pretty sure there’s a few threads on this sub describing the nature of this woman , and it is not good. Idc how good the food is. If you treat staff and customers like shit , get fucked

Allopathological t1_j5wa0ag wrote

There have been many threads on how shitty she is to customers and her own workers.

heyreddityouup t1_j5xfafd wrote

Delivered mail to this lady a few times. just being a chipper mailman and all that. without too much detail, she made me feel lower than dirt. decided to never eat there ever after that.

FrutaFertil t1_j5y5634 wrote

Please do go into detail!

heyreddityouup t1_j5yj0po wrote

The bagel place is on an 'auxiliary route' . these routes are usually smaller than a normal usps route and are sometimes given to newbies in their 'first 90'. I was doing my thing, first month or so with usps, and I had some express mail for her that required a signature. so I had to go into the shop and ask where she was. the staff pointed her out, and she looked pretty busy. (morning rush and all that) so I waited patiently until she was done.

heyreddityouup t1_j5yjngh wrote

when I approached here, she did not believe I was a carrier. (we don't get the gear til after our first 90) i had my keys, scanner, hat, other stuff that might tip someone off that I was legit. but she really pressed me on it. i stayed polite and told her that all I needed was a signature. she said I was disturbing her while she was trying to run her business and some other stuff I can't remember now. what I do remember is feeling awful walking out of there.

heyreddityouup t1_j5ykjav wrote

she did accept the mail, and after seeing me a few more times, stopped pressing me. but always this vibe that I was inconveniencing her and her business. talking down to me like a child, stuff like that. my whole demeanor changed when I had to go into that place. I went from chipper to sullen when I got to that address. anyways, now I eat at Providence bagel :))

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_j5ymiq1 wrote

I think she talks to everyone like a child. I’m sorry you experienced that. She really is a menace.

FrutaFertil t1_j5zrxub wrote

Sounds horrible. I'm sure a lot of people go in there asking to speak with the owner without identifying themselves or their motive and that can be irritating while somebody is trying to work. I'm so happy you've been able to recover from it though! Or is it still bothering you? :-(

−17

bluehat9 t1_j6i8g5v wrote

I wonder if she thought she was about to be served and wanted to avoid it

Olneyvillain4190 t1_j5y5av2 wrote

Yes please do , I’m curious to see how someone pisses off a mailman doing their job

FrutaFertil t1_j5zs27n wrote

Such sensitive emotions! I wonder who has thinner skin, the evil bagel queen or the mail-person without uniform?

−14

Apokalobster t1_j608170 wrote

Probably the bagel queen given she is pretending to be someone else in this thread and has personally commented on every negative comment..

FrutaFertil t1_j608vzc wrote

Or are YOU the bagel queen?!

−9

Apokalobster t1_j60kvg7 wrote

Unlikely, I don’t think highly of myself enough for “queen”, I’m bagel duchess at best.

FrutaFertil t1_j61xqyd wrote

Ooh bagel duchess sounds pretty dope, guys we found her!!

−1

Bisoromi t1_j5x2hze wrote

Apparently. Also what is this goofy ass reward sponsored by some bank lol? Incredible stuff.

−9

secretsofthedivine t1_j5xivq2 wrote

Do you mean the award? James Beard Awards are probably the most prestigious American culinary achievement a chef can get. It actually functions as a charitable organization advocating for food-related issues so they always have corporate sponsors.

Bisoromi t1_j5xlpp9 wrote

I actually had no idea. Restaurants aren't my scene but it's always good to learn.

mhb t1_j5yp89s wrote

>Also what is this goofy ass reward sponsored by some bank lol?

If you hope to learn more in the future, you might want to reconsider your approach to topics you don't know anything about.

Bisoromi t1_j5zukyd wrote

Oh i agree but this is reddit so it might be the place to just say things off the cuff sometimes. Not so much in a real life or serious setting.

radarmy t1_j5wkj6n wrote

Might just be thinking of something you read online one time

−19