Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pizzaplantboi t1_j653jc3 wrote

Again you are making assumptions about what I do with my free time when I just explained that trying new restaurants is literally my favorite thing to do.

I have been to a shit ton of bars and restaurants in RI. Like I said, that’s how I like to enjoy my city. And yes, the restaurant scene here is cool and charming. But no, it doesn’t come close to NYC in terms of the higher quality places you can find in fine dining, comfort food, ethnic food, pizza, bakeries…

It’s just the nature of being in a small city with a much smaller population of people with money to spend on dining/going out.

PM_ME_ASS_SALAD t1_j654ddn wrote

We’ll disagree about the quality of the food. The best food in Providence rivals the best food anywhere. But there certainly are more top restaurants by sheer numbers in New York or other larger metros, no one is arguing against that. But you can only do so much, and I think the illusion of choice is a much bigger draw than the actual abundance of it. Maybe not for you, but for 99% of people they develop routines and favorite spots and go-to haunts and those exist everywhere.