Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bigdaddiie OP t1_jadk33n wrote

the-mirrors-truth t1_jadl6yf wrote

I just want to point one more thing out though.

As you mentioned you didn't want to be disowned by them. Perhaps, if they're willing to disown you a grown man, over a relationship of your choosing than you value them more than they value you. Just some food for thought.

Bigdaddiie OP t1_jadnjqh wrote

They are good people but I can fully understand why this situation would say otherwise. My parents do have more control on me than they should, I agree. But the unconditional love and sacrifices they have made for me growing up up until today hasn’t been forgotten either.

I’ve brought back home acouple other girls in my earlier years and although they didn’t like them both they didn’t object to me dating them cause they were similar my age. The age is the only thing that’s the problem.

But in response to what you said. Damn. That’s very deep and insightful. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my thread.

I’m feeling the worst I’ve ever felt in my life, so thanks for helping with the pain although there’s ugly truth in there haha.

the-mirrors-truth t1_jadq01v wrote

I'm a mother myself, the unconditional love and sacrifices is part of the job, it's the bare minimum of what a good parent does. You can be grateful and appreciative without forfeiting yourself. Clearly, there are some conditions to their love though.