Submitted by Momo_Senpai09 t3_10qcww7 in relationship_advice

My GF (25F) and I (27F) have been dating for 7 years and have no kids. We live together at a relatives house. Since the beginning of the year she has been going out every night (5/6 days out of the week) after work with friends and not coming home until 2 or 3am. We've always told each other when we were going out with friends ahead of time so that the other person could know and make their own plans if they wanted. Lately, she hasn't bothered to message me or even let me know what time she'll be coming home. It seems like I am always waiting for her. Whenever I message, it takes an hour or two for her to respond and she will just say she'll be home "soon." And that always happens to be 3am. I feel disrespected because I would never to that to her and I feel like she just doesn't care. This has been happening for a month now and it's every night. Once she gets off work she goes straight to her friends and doesn't even bother to let me know, I have to be the one that calls her and ask her if she's coming home. There have even been a couple nights where she didn't come home and all and didn't bother to send me a message to let me know where she was and if she was okay. I worry because most of the time she is out drinking with friends and I want to make sure she is okay. I get upset because sometimes she will lie and say she'll only be out an hour or two and it turns into four or five. There have even been times where she says she's working overtime and I later find out she was partying instead.I've also texted her to see how work was going and says it's "busy" I later find out she had her shift covered and was out with her friends. She is out all night drinking with friends and once she comes home she goes straight to sleep and when it's time to wake up she goes straight to work. It's kind of hurtful to me because she can be out with friends every night and doesn't make time for me. I understand that she needs to hang out with her friends because I do too. I brought it up to her, but she says she's having the time of her life right now and has even mentioned she is a "free bird." I even brought up how she is acting like she's single. I say this because when she goes out to the club she flirts with other girls and has even gotten some of their numbers. She says I'm smothering her and being to clingy because I always ask where she is at. On her days off she is also gone all day, she comes home for a couple hours, then goes out at night. I’ve told her several times that I feel neglected and not a priority anymore and all she has to say is she loves me, but she is having fun right now. I also get upset because when it’s late at night and she is drinking her phone has been conveniently dying and I am not able to get a hold of her. She usually calls me around 10am and says sorry she was drunk and fell asleep at a friends house. I told her the least she could do since she’s out all day is come home to me at night. I have been bringing up the issue almost everyday and have said that it isn’t working for me. I don't know how to make her understand. Even though she tells me she loves me and wants to be with me her actions say otherwise. I don’t know how long I can keep this up for, I’m trying to understand her, but it feels like our relationship has been put on the back burner so she can have “fun.”

Comments