Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lemmehelpyaout t1_j6o6srs wrote

It's clear that he is flirting with her and making inappropriate comments. He doesn't sound like a friend, so why does she need to continue responding?

It sounds like your girlfriend doesn't do a good job at drawing boundaries. She can easily be direct that she has a boyfriend and his comments are inappropriate and she doesn't want to meet up with him in person or continue chatting.

Brindarqt OP t1_j6o7kro wrote

Thanks for the reply! I'll bring it up with her.

Hmm if I had to say it, I think she doesn't see it as flirting and inappropriate comments. I would say she's optimistic that he's a good guy and since he has a girlfriend himself, he won't push any boundaries that would jeopardize that relationship. She's definitely said straight forward that she has a boyfriend, but doesn't state his comments are inappropriate. She sees the hangout as friends finally hanging out after a while of basically being pen-pals.

Chitown2181 t1_j6oa4bb wrote

That naivete excuse is really played out, most women know when a guy is calling them cute and constantly reaching out that he's interested.

Maybe your gf is actually that naive but I struggle to take that justification seriously.

Brindarqt OP t1_j6oc351 wrote

Thanks so much. I guess I brushed it off since my girlfriend is a "bro" girl and has majority, if not only guy friends. The closest ones she does tend to playful flirt with. Kinda like the occasional "Ay what it do baby?" to them so I just learned to live with it. I figured I was just overthinking this situation with what she normally does with her close friends.