Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

runfreedog t1_ja35cgg wrote

What is his typical home nap schedule?

He’ll probably be exhausted upon starting a program but adjust after a week or so. You could consider slowly stretching his nap to start closer to 1 to help prepare yourself/him/the caregivers. A lot can change with sleep by 18 months.

I’ve worked in daycare and Montessori schools and a late nap isn’t a “Montessori thing,” usually it’s a kids lunch and teacher break schedule thing. Although I’m not sure how much earlier you expect the nap to be?

Mindful_Mom_36 OP t1_ja4g5at wrote

Right now he’s on a morning nap, about 9-10:30 and an afternoon nap from about 2:30-4. He’s always been an early riser so I just feel like 1:00 is late for my kid, but maybe it’s not so bad for others

runfreedog t1_ja51gjr wrote

The two nap schedule is very normal and needed for his age. Typically around 18 months - 2 years children drop their need for a second nap and are sufficient with one. Even the early risers. It might be hard to imagine at this point in his life, I know!

If the caregivers are knowledgeable about child development and typical toddler experiences they’ll be empathetic and helpful during his natural adjustment to one nap during the day.