Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

barrewinedogs t1_ja7wtjt wrote

I don't... lol. I was homeschooled and raised fundie. Pokeman was the devil's tool.

I am, however, enjoying watching Cherie's Antique Emporium slowly crash and burn. I really want to tell the owner that if he didn't insist on posting political rants and calling people "woke" as a slur, his business might not be in the shape it's in. I would certainly shop there, as I am currently on the hunt for vintage Corning Ware and Pyrex. But if I say that, he'll just call me a liberal snowflake. It's his loss.

SwitchToDecaf t1_ja89r0h wrote

We went to Cherie’s a few years ago not knowing anything about the owner. Boyfriend went the record rooms and found a few well-priced hidden gems, which he commended on while checking out. Owner then told him his good-for-nothing intern mislabeled them and tried to up the price but “cut him a deal” because he bought like 12-15 records. Really does seem like the only way he can stay in business is because of the aggressive “YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT” signs posted up every five feet on mountains of stuff strewn everywhere.

On an more positive note, I discovered Vintage Glass and Pottery in Lakeside a few months ago. Lovely owners with a well-organized shop and good amount of Pyrex/Corningware in one of the back rooms. :)

fr0bert t1_ja8b9v1 wrote

He tried that shit on me too a few years back. I asked if that's how it works, I dig through and find the stuff that's worth a damn and then pay a premium? He gave me the marked price and I never went back. Fuck 'em!

barrewinedogs t1_ja9p59u wrote

I love Vintage Glass! I actually went there this weekend and got a few good pieces!! RVA Antiques had an amazing Pyrex bowl set but I was not paying $189.