Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KiwiStack t1_j9v8zz3 wrote

Jeez. Have you even been to a squirrels game? It’s an affordable family friendly event and generally a good time even if you don’t like baseball. A family of five can go out, fed and entertain the kids for way less then a dinner and a movie.

Enjoy spending time out doors? ✅ Enjoy local beer? Wait it’s priced cheaper than the brewery?! ✅✅ Enjoy supporting local businesses and charities? ✅ surprise, yes they do this too. Enjoy music? ✅ local bands play before every first pitch. Enjoy looking at fit men in fit pants? ✅✅✅ Enjoy looking at unfit men in wild/crazy pants? ✅

Sporting events at the minor league level are NOTHING like major league team and attending is hardly about the sport. You know, we can have all those other things you listed AND baseball. You don’t gotta shit on a whole collective of people just because YOU don’t like baseball.

LoveiseverywhereXOXO t1_j9v9tk4 wrote

If baseball wasn’t demanding the city use our limited resources to pay for its infrastructure, I’d have no problem with it but every few years they try to hold the city hostage and it’s annoying as hell and it’s not an appropriate use of limited tax payer money. I’m all for people having fun, even things I don’t like or enjoy like baseball, but I’d rather have good schools, better roads, and things that benefit everyone not just people looking to be entertained for the night.

−1

KiwiStack t1_j9vamly wrote

Baseball doesn’t own the infrastructure, the city does.

LoveiseverywhereXOXO t1_j9ve6dd wrote

They need the stadium to make money, so it’s essential infrastructure to their business model and they should pay for its upkeep and development and construction of a new and improved facility, if they can’t then they are being subsidized.

KiwiStack t1_j9vf3u3 wrote

Oh no. The government is subsidizing a private entity. Unheard of! Unacceptable!