Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fizzster t1_jabwmyt wrote

I saw some trees budding. They're going to be real confused in a couple weeks.

Praying_Lotus t1_jacapyg wrote

I have two trees outside my apartment. One tree who has budded, and one who has not. I like to think the tree that budded is some hotshot rookie who thinks he can weather the second winter with his petals and shit still on, whereas the second is a grizzled veteran who knows what’s coming and is shaking his head that the kid is gonna fuck himself up for the long run

itsmeyourgrandfather t1_jacfkxv wrote

Dude in my neighborhood I'm seeing trees with straight up actual green leaves, it's crazy

McFlare92 t1_jactp6z wrote

Same around my place, and on my commute to work

bkemp1984Part2 t1_jacnm4f wrote

For some fruit trees it can be bad. My berry bushes and coming earlier than normal, but they're cold hardy enough that they should be fine. Trees though that are mostly cold hardy but not usually budding now can be completely killed, or at least killed back to the ground to have to regrow up from the roots. If it's flowering early, there's a decent risk of losing all the buds and getting no fruit this year. People might need to cover trees they don't usually need to.

Charlesinrichmond t1_jad8c7l wrote

this is a great point, I foresee quickie cold frames around a lot of stuff. Time to make sure I'm stocked on plastic

RadiantShirt2236 t1_jacgiae wrote

the tree in front of my apartment window started budding a couple of weeks ago, it’s sprouting leaves already