Submitted by Particular-Ad3494 t3_118cujb in rva

Hey all! I am currently following a dairy free/soy free diet due to a milk and soy protein intolerance my little one has been diagnosed with.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with restaurants, bakeries, etc. that may have options for this diet or if you have any personal experiences eating out or grabbing quick items on the go?

Thank you all so much.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

throwawayrva83 t1_j9gm2ds wrote

Minglewood bakery!

Particular-Ad3494 OP t1_j9h83sb wrote

I have had a few items from them before I was dairy’s bd soy free and they were great! Thank you for reminding me of them.

hammmy3467 t1_j9h23ha wrote

Wife had the same diet with ours. Mexican restaurants were our go tos, just skip the queso. The Irish baker at the farmers markets is super knowledgeable about his ingredients and we found lots of options for “treats”. Lara bars for quick on the go. Get a dehydrator, a good dry rub, and a thinly sliced roast for jerky. DM me if you have any more questions. One side perk is you will be the healthiest version of yourself very soon into the diet.

Particular-Ad3494 OP t1_j9h98ez wrote

It is a challenging diet as soy seems to hide in so many things! Luckily, I am not avoiding soybean oil or soy lecithin currently. I really appreciate your insight and tips for this diet. It is a nice perk! I do not think I have ever been this healthy 😂

WontArnett t1_j9iboke wrote

Good Food Grocery, or Ellwood Thompson has a lot of great products.

I recommend Miyoko’s cheese made from cashews. It’s the best product!

ILikeYourHotdog t1_j9gmuy7 wrote

Pearl's Bakery usually has a decent selection of vegan cupcakes.

Sen Organic also has some good options for your diet.

Particular-Ad3494 OP t1_j9h8c4h wrote

Thank you! I have never heard of Sen Organic. I looked at their menu and it is amazing. They are incredibly organized with their allergens. I’ll have to try it out.

RefrigeratorRater t1_j9hbus8 wrote

The Daily is pretty good about allergy stuff from what I remember.

MKrushelnisky t1_j9glyly wrote

Organic krush has tons of dairy and gluten free baked goods! They are also super vigilant about allergies

−2

Particular-Ad3494 OP t1_j9h8f4j wrote

Thank you for your recommendation! I have no tried them yet, but I definitely will.