Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Power_Blaster t1_j86hta9 wrote

Oh really? You find that true in your experience or are you just reddit bandwagoning?

−19

RufusDelgado t1_j86i5t2 wrote

I find it true in my experience.

Power_Blaster t1_j86izpu wrote

Where? At the store? Up at work? At the gas station? Neighbors? In those $1,400mo luxury Manchester apartments? How do you know where they are from? Do you ask everyone? Does it both you? If so why?

−24

RufusDelgado t1_j86j8zs wrote

Most people I meet are from Nova and in my line of work I meet a lot of people. Calm down buddy.

Power_Blaster t1_j86jtsv wrote

Just curious guy. What kind of work do you do? Does it bother you that you meet a lot of people from Nova?

−24

RufusDelgado t1_j86kaa5 wrote

Let's not post personal shit here. Why do you care so much? I know you're from Nova and take this personally, but really just chill. And this is why I don't like most people from Nova. So aggressively proud of being from there and if anyone disagrees they take so much offense.

Mr_Boneman t1_j88pp0k wrote

People from NOVA are so easy to pick out on the street. You can smell it on them.

genericrva t1_j876jfm wrote

from nova, moved here in 2005 and imo there's always layers to this but yeah lol I take NO OFFENSE, after a certain point in the timeline this "proud nova-ite" influx became nothing more than a negative imbalancer/culture destroyer to the city of richmond as it, independently was, in and out of scene/generation, for a long time. but the sorta systemic change that's happened in the last 5 years alone has really, very much destroyed and "remade" the sorta social systems that existed pre-covid and other social revolutions for both better and for worse, that have altered the business/arts landscape of the city and helped pave way for this new era of even more juiced up real estate competition and then ofc by historically proven near cliche the normification and gentrification of the entire urban environment in and of itself. it's like people have been lecturing and preaching A LOT on this website lately. flexing how "back in the day in 2018".... idk. it's just a weird time in richmond lately imo.

−7

RufusDelgado t1_j8780al wrote

Honestly I never disliked nova people until the last few years. I moved here around the same time you did in 2007 from the 757. It just seems like most people from nova now are extremely proud and it defines their entire character. I just don't understand why they moved to Richmond. Like if you love it so much please just move back.

Power_Blaster t1_j86klob wrote

You couldn't be more wrong. Post or don't post whatever you want I don't give a fuck. You seem like an asshole. No wonder you don't like people. Try not to stereotype so much guy.

−11