Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_j8tmsph wrote

[deleted]

−14

augie_wartooth t1_j8tob2g wrote

Lol complaining about Henrico but calls the street “Gransby”

juwanna-blomie t1_j8tp7uw wrote

I work in Richmond, spend a lot of time in Richmond, and drive and PARK in Richmond. It affects me just as much as it does anyone else who drives and parks in Richmond. That being said, I sort of agree with all of the sentiments in this thread.

All that to say, where I live is just MINUTES walking distance from the Richmond City line, so jokes on you, it actually very much so is LITERALLY about my surroundings. Also wouldn't call parking in a city a part of culture...

augie_wartooth t1_j8tpdny wrote

But parking in the city is harrrrrrrrd :(

ETA apparently the italics and frowny face weren’t enough to indicate I’m kidding

juwanna-blomie t1_j8tq27v wrote

For all the shit people give (myself included!) Richmond's driving scene or should I say culture, I have to say it's AMAZING to have free parking in so many places, and in some places ALL DAY. Being from Miami, good luck finding parking anywhere near a restaurant or bar that doesn't cost about $3/hr, and even if you're willing to bite that bullet, you might have to do a few laps around the spot and still parallel park between some asshole's Lamborghini and another's neon-lit Slingshot.

BureauOfBureaucrats t1_j8trtjw wrote

Henrico isn’t some radically different foreign country with a wildly different culture. Tens of thousands of Henrico residents spend more time actually in Richmond due to work. They have the same rights here you do. Take the time to not be a prick next time.

HamburgerBandit t1_j8tppxi wrote

we live in a closely related area and you wanna piss on those that are advocating for better conditions? More free parking according to emotes and votes from outlying areas?. Seriously what is your thought process. Honestly IDGAF if you get towed, ticked, wrecked, robbed, jumped... from people parking too close. I DESIRE that none of that happens to good people that like to come here. I want coming to RVA to be a good experience for everyone. If that's not your perspective, FU

−10

augie_wartooth t1_j8tqv5i wrote

What on earth is your problem? If someone parking illegally makes you this angry, I would highly recommend you have a real honest conversation with yourself about your anger.

HamburgerBandit t1_j8tvozp wrote

sorry. I was hoping to be clear in my initial post that I'm not overly angry about this. I was looking for feedback, and I believe I have it. I felt there was an issue for those who lived (not just worked) in the VCU area with the time restrictions on parking. Whether that be "free" open access or paid "overnight" access being ticketed by people that abuse those same rights for profit. I realize I've been wrong in many eyes and it's not an issue. I apologize

I don't care about "someone" parking illegally. I care about the people writing tickets to us that live here WHILE parking illegally.

Would it be an issue having a fire truck park (unattended) in front of a fire hydrant? I mean, can every point be argued? Sure. Are you really gonna be on the side that says, "but who cares" vs "yea, this shouldn't be happening"

−2