Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

filipevergara t1_ja3tooa wrote

Love Chez Max but my parents say it’s gone downhill since COVID. Owners were the chef and hostess right? He died couple years ago, still did ok, then she left and hasn’t been the same since? Is that right?

MrImBoredAgain t1_ja489xk wrote

Ted passed away more than a few years ago. He left control of a large portion of his operations to a charming dragon of a woman named Liz Kincaid, who promptly ran quality into the ground at chez max AND both tarrants locations. They are all seriously mediocre now.

H-Resin t1_ja4atel wrote

Liz is one of the worst humans I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting, much less working around. It’s amazing the kind of shit some people will say to you when they don’t think you’re “in the industry”

MrImBoredAgain t1_ja4eg78 wrote

Agreed! I never worked at Max's but I'm an old school tarrants bar vet, and she is just VILE to be around/work with. How a card carrying Karen like her rose so high in an industry that specifically despises people like her will forever remain a mystery to me.

OopsImACrow t1_ja4ren3 wrote

seems like someone close to Liz found your comments and downvoted them…interesting.

PLAYBoxes t1_ja3z43g wrote

I was friends with the family who owned it growing up. The Chef lost his battle with cancer maybe 10+ years ago, his wife was the head hostess, and they got a lot of help from their two kids at the time who may no longer be in the picture due to moving on with life. Not sure what ended up happening with the head Chef situation to be honest, it’s been a long time.