Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

turnipmeatloaf t1_j8tbjop wrote

> The healthcare giant is planning to establish 12,000-square-foot emergency center at 3054 N. Arthur Ashe Blvd., where it intends to occupy most of the ground floor of a seven-story mixed-use building that Thalhimer Realty Partners plans to build near the intersection with Ellen Road.

So it’s going to be part of a mixed use development ? Does that mean “free standing” just means it isn’t part of a hospital?

allowatt t1_j8ticr2 wrote

Yes, freestanding in this case is used to describe emergency departments that aren’t connected to a hospital.

wagonboss t1_j8tm83l wrote

The only thing I see here is more volume added to RAAs system. As any patient admitted will need an Ambulance to do so.

Unless they’re going to allow a partner of HCA to do it

throwingutah t1_j8u1lf3 wrote

I don't think the volume will change much, but the turnaround time sure will.

wagonboss t1_j8u4j5b wrote

That’s a solid point

throwingutah t1_j8u5yhm wrote

Instead of us waiting for an ambulance in the field because they're stranded in a no-bed-having ER, the patient can wait in an ER bed for a scheduled transport. Sounds like a winner to me.

wagonboss t1_j8u8109 wrote

I mean, this thing will be 12-14 beds total. In a busy area. Has to alleviate some issues, but probably going to cause a new one we haven’t thought of

throwingutah t1_j8ubaz0 wrote

Oh, no doubt! But having those beds will at least give us a safe place to put people that isn't a hallway. I wonder how they're gonna staff it tho 🤔

Independent-Heron-75 t1_j8trmkr wrote

By law, only if pt is going from city to county or county to city can someone other then RAA transport. So HCA sending pt from city to Forest or Parham could be done by any service.

OlGreggMare t1_j8tvpnp wrote

That's not correct. RAA has exclusive rights to all stretcher transports from inside the city to anywhere local unless the journey is to return someone to outside the city within a day of their arrival