Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jon_hamm_wallet t1_ja39ux1 wrote

Double grocery day. We've started doing our shopping at Aldi and it's reduced our grocery bill significantly but there's random stuff they don't have (today it's soy sauce) or what they have is no good (bubbly water) so we've gotta hit another grocery store too.

Trying to pay off some CC debt so we've been super low-key lately. Thinking about opening another card with a 0% apr promotion while we pay it off, but not sure that's a good idea.

sweetsatanskiing t1_ja3oblk wrote

Lidl is superior to Aldi. We always find wonderful things!

The_UnknownTA OP t1_ja3moq9 wrote

I feel like Aldi is hit or miss. I went to the in Mechanicsville and it was the worse store I ever visited. Like everything there was about to expire in a day bad.

Taytertot0418 t1_ja3rd46 wrote

I feel like it’s always about where the Aldi is located. When we lived in NOVA the Aldi in Woodbridge was horrible while the Aldi near my parents in Midlothian is so nice

Accomplished-Pen-394 t1_ja3yhwi wrote

I live near the Mechanicsville one and I try hard to avoid it. The one on Staples Mill is my favorite by far

Taytertot0418 t1_ja3r3a3 wrote

Currently doing the credit card debt thing too. I just opened a Wells Fargo card that’s 18 months no APR and did a balance transfer. Was trying to pay off my BOA card without that but the interest made it impossible. I mean 24% WTH

RexsNoQuitBird t1_ja55dv6 wrote

Is Aldi cheaper than Kroger?

Jon_hamm_wallet t1_ja55ogk wrote

Our Kroger bill averaged $175, our Aldi bill averages $125. I think it's cheaper but also there's less overall product so fewer opportunities for impulse buys.