Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pmyourcoffeemug t1_ja3jwtt wrote

Weather has all my greens popping off so I’m eating collards for days over here.

My day is lazy so I’ll post about yesterday. Did my first walk through of VMFA and holy shit what a gem. If you haven’t been in awhile do a walk through if you have some free time. My highlights were as follows:

2 pairs of Sumerian earrings, somewhere between 4000-5000 years old. Oldest man made objects I’ve seen in person. Found my new favorite painting, “The Vanity of Arms” by Jan van Kessel. I’m no artist and my art history is pretty touristy, but discovered a newfound appreciation for German expressionism (specifically Heckel). Making fun of old Renaissance era Aristocrats and how stupid they look. I found the studio contributions to be very cool as well, just reaffirming how much awesome talent is in this city.

momthom427 t1_ja4h4a3 wrote

It is an absolute gem. And the gardens outside are one of my favorite places to walk.

Colt1911-45 t1_ja4yk5e wrote

I'm headed to DC next week to check out some museums and get my learn on. Going with my mom to spend some time with her. We're both excited because we haven't been to DC in a long time.