Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

opienandm OP t1_j9y9zpu wrote

Did you know that RPD has people who are paid to do these sorts of things? I mean, it’s actually their job. And at least one of them was a well-known journalist in Richmond prior to joining the RPD.

This is one of the reasons why I expect more. It’s baffling to me that people think this is an unusual expectation. Sure, on the order of the list of problems with the RPD has, it’s certainly lower on the list of priorities. But there are people we are paying to do this very job, and only this job.

SadValleyThrowaway t1_j9z7vm6 wrote

Why dont you contact them?

opienandm OP t1_j9zuqt6 wrote

So I’m supposed to supervise them now? That’s another thing someone else is getting paid to do. I’m stupefied that people are actually arguing against the idea that people who work for RPD should actually do their job. They should do it for this shooting as well as any other shooting where a suspect was not immediately apprehended.

What would you say if a police department issued a statement like this: “A violent prisoner escaped from a maximum security prison today. Please call us if you have any information. We have no other information to release at this time.”

SadValleyThrowaway t1_ja08jnm wrote

So what, you expend the same amount of energy to come to bitch on Reddit? You’re like the one person besides the victim’s family still thinking about this.

opienandm OP t1_ja1ox4f wrote

Well, that’s pretty shitty, isn’t it?

I think there are a lot more people who care than you believe. I think THAT sucks.