Submitted by HolyPotato2020 t3_1237cl6 in rva

Just received a used 2000 chevy lumina from my grandmother who let my uncle use it before giving it to me, was not loved as much as i will but am in need of a honest mechanic who wont crook me out of money and can give a overview of what it'll need to keep running as most of it is going towards bills and taking care of family, any suggestions would help!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PercyDovetonsils t1_jdtlszx wrote

The most honest mechanic I’ve used is Fritz’s Car Care. There have been occasions when I was convinced my car needed an expensive repair (sometimes after having been told that by another mechanic) and Fritz told me it was a simple, inexpensive fix. It got to the point that I told him to fix everything that made sense, and he would still call before fixing it to to discuss with me the things that need to be fixed right away and those that could wait. He once even told me to stop bringing one of my cars to him because it wasn’t worth fixing anymore, even though he could have continued to repair it and get paid. Definitely a stand-up guy.

Ms-Pamplemousse t1_jdu2pgh wrote

Lots of people use this wording (honest, trusted, etc) when asking for mechanic recommendations. I would try the search bar for 'mechanic' and you'll get a whole boatload to choose from.

burledw t1_jdv2lid wrote

Guy has a car that is 23 years old and American, he probably is in disbelief every time a shop tells him it needs $2,000 in work to be roadworthy.

shhimhuntingrabbits t1_jdwc858 wrote

If you need any muffler work, Larry at Larry Muffler Shop is a great guy. Very straight up.

wtfareyounow t1_jdv5zsl wrote

Tyler Automotive on North Ave. is a good option. I have been repairing my cars for years. Now that I can no longer get under a car then back up reliably i have been taking my cars to them. Their diagnosis and fees for the work were exactly what I expected.

Rogleson t1_jdwry09 wrote

John at PSR in Mechanicsville.

757rvahokie t1_je277nr wrote

General Auto and Tire off Lombardy! I moved a couple years ago and I legit miss how awesome this shop was.

Particular-Ad3494 t1_je7wkqj wrote

They guys at boulevard auto in chesterfield are always so great. They are kind and honest in my experience. They called me with my total for an oil change and I couldn’t even believe it, I asked them if they were sure that was enough.