Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Andrew_64_MC t1_jecflx9 wrote

Crisp shot, did you need special approval assuming this was from a drone?

mewisme700 t1_jecl2oq wrote

Crazy the land that this coaster sits on was once inhabited by lions, giraffes, elehpants, etc of Lion Country Safari in the 70s to early 90s.

Slippy_T_Frog t1_jecnyf8 wrote

I'm already enjoying roller coasters at r/buschgardens (sorry about the shameless plug)

skulloctopus2023 t1_jecot6x wrote

Speaking of roller coasters, just a friendly bit of history that Fabio lost a fight to a goose on Apollo's Chariot on this day 24 years ago!

otepp t1_ject7bv wrote

Mannn I only went to Kings Dominion once but we rode Intimidator 305 and at the bottom of the first drop into a hard turn, I blacked out - lost vision for the first 15 seconds of the ride or so. Was simultaneously terrified and wildly pumped.

NombreDesechable t1_jedeazf wrote

This is beautiful. If it had the KD logo it would look like a post card from the 90’s and I mean that in a good way.

-B001- t1_jedg0nw wrote

It's been a long time since I was at King's Dominion -- is that red one the Intimidator?

DankJank t1_jee4z26 wrote

Ready? I've been riding all year! Trying to avoid the crowds once the weather is consistently nice lol

Cerebral-Knievel-1 t1_jeebqnt wrote

Renewed my season pass at Christmas, went last saturday and got some time in on twisted timbers, racer, and anoconda.

Can't wait for the Grizzly retrack to open.

connor8383 t1_jeewjvq wrote

I sure am. I’ve ridden pretty much everything at BGW at this point, but I went to KD for the first time maybe 6 weeks ago when hardly anything was open. Twisted Timbers was insane. Super ready to ride their whole lineup

balance07 t1_jeg3he3 wrote

the off season was mostly weekends, and only certain sections of the park. Dominator was the only real coaster operating until the actual season opened. nevermind i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about.

dovetc t1_jegthxe wrote

It's wild. Both times I rode it I greyed-out at the bottom of the first hill. Also as I was walking towards the exit the train zoomed by overhead and someone's car keys came out and slammed into the grass not 20 feet from the pedestrian path. We were sufficiently intimidated.

-B001- t1_jegzonf wrote

omg! I don't think I have ridden it yet (it's been a long time). I remember the Flight of Fear (I called it the Flight of Head Trauma!) Both my friend and I had to sit down after that one!