Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cerebraleffusion t1_isb8k8g wrote

I always see the billboard on midlo tnpk but I don’t understand gambling in Richmond. Same for Rosie’s, what the hell is that place anyways? And what’s with the skill games at gas stations? Is it like slot machines and if so how do people get paid? All these dumb questions and so little time!

SKINS_IV OP t1_isbahfa wrote

I’m not sure, but I think Rosie’s only has electronic games. As in slot machines, video poker, video blackjack are all machines. “Table games”, craps, blackjack, and Texas Holden poker are table games. And many others. With real dealers and cards. I might be old school or paranoid, but I like real people with real cards.

The games at gas stations are like slot machines or video poker. Don’t really know. I don’t play those type of games.

JulianVanderbilt t1_isbdt32 wrote

> [W]hat’s with the skill games at gas stations? Is it like slot machines and if so how do people get paid?

Not an expert but I believe they differ slightly from slot machines and must by law. I believe there was a first round of machines that were more slot machine like and you pushed a button and you won and lost and those are now illegal. The new machines, as I understand it, require two button presses and must require some "skill" to make it a "skill game" and not "a random press game." (They are still mostly random and hew to a fairly homogenized set out of outcomes, as I understand it.) I think from what I've seen at my local corner store (Clay St Market), small payouts the store pays like lotto and if you actually win a ton you get a ticket to redeem from the manufacturer but how one does that I do not know.