Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

grampscirclea t1_j0ildn8 wrote

Helen's. I've been there for 8 years, and (hopefully) it will be the last restaurant I ever work in once I make the move away from the dinner grind

manyamile t1_j0iln9o wrote

Out of my time at Country Style Donuts, Flour Garden. and Joy Jr Treats, Flour Garden was my favorite bakery. Jeff, the owner, was good to work with and we had a good crew that supported one another over the 24 hour schedule.

docskreba t1_j0j4x6t wrote

It was 20 years ago, but Coppola’s was a great gig. Tom was paying me $9/hr (about $15/hr in today’s money) plus tips. There wasn’t anyone working there at the time I didn’t like. Perfect fit for a 19 y/o in college.

iMelancholyKid t1_j0jo1da wrote

Formillay known as

"Billy Bread"

"Lecker Baking Company"

"Antbear Bakery"

now as of this week

"Valhalla Rising Bakery"

after the 3rd exchange of ownership over the last 20 years.

We generate the production of the locally known 'Billy Bread' that's not full of preservatives and authentically made in a 24hr operation run by 3 employees and the boss.

Been there for 4 years and love it. Its a simplistic safe haven from the heat of the food&corporate industry and a space for individuality/self discovery. Lots of independence and self role responsibility. All previous and current boss' have been super graceful being flexible with accommodating to personal needs, expressions and open ears to any recommendations for growth as well as employees exchanging share of hands in responsibilities when needed. Lots of open communication going about here and it's fucking awesome.

It's all wholesale, so we produce and help build sufficient economics to local retail, provisions and restaurants.

Underwent a lot needed upgrades and repairs the past 2 years that will be setting forth future moves.

I plan on staying, I'm comfortable with the pay in the current local economics and in no hurry while on my personal growth/ self discovery journey and just enjoying the ride along with the build of the business.

RVAblues t1_j0jz5zd wrote

Bamboo will be my family for life.

I_Got_A_Truck t1_j0kv4c6 wrote

Baking, roasting coffee, and making bagel sammiches at Riverbend was pretty magical while it lasted. We always had pretty good vibes and great interaction with the customers. I’ll always have a little bit of regret for selling.

Diet_Coke t1_j0kzph3 wrote

Delivery driver at Extreme Pizza late '00s, was awesome. Great crew, we'd close at 11, clean up, and head to a party. Made good money as a driver too. Once they started staying open until 3am during the weekend it killed the vibe though.