Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Madselaine t1_j17ctn8 wrote

An old therapist once described Richmond as the biggest “small town” she’s ever lived in.

As far as dating goes, I guess it’s fine and so long as you’re not from the area you won’t have to worry about running into people you don’t want to (at least at first).

I don’t go out very often anymore, but used to, and I think the bar/nightlife scene is decent enough. I’m in a couple Facebook groups where people from NYC and Nova seem to do nothing but complain about how boring Richmond is. I’m from here and didn’t fully appreciate it until I was in college (Almost 30 for reference).

The past two years have been a bit off, but there’s usually something going on every week/weekend. Depending on your interests though, it may not be every week (or month) where something super exciting that you’re interested in is going on.

If you decide to move here, I promise everyone will be more than nice to you in person. Ngl, a lot of Richmonders are kinda salty about the influx of new people moving in and contributing to increased housing costs. However, if we ran into you at Ardent or Hardywood (or wherever else) we’d almost definitely forget about all that and would be pretty excited to hear about where you came from and how you were liking Richmond.

As a CYA, YMMV haha

GaimanitePkat t1_j18fgz2 wrote

nova is a fucking snoozefest so idk what those people are on about