Submitted by ArtsyKoalaBear t3_10hagx2 in rva

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in June. Is there a unique/fun/affordable way for us to celebrate either as a couple or with our 2 teenagers in RVA?

Edit: Looking for more of an “experience” than a restaurant recommendation. Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GMUcovidta t1_j57clfc wrote

Go to Belmont, Yellow Umbrella, Tuckahoe Seafood or wherever to pick up your favorite local ingredients for a "splurge" meal and cook together. Also stop by J. Emerson for a bottle or two of wine.

gettingbackrva t1_j58cidk wrote

Hotel Greene, brunch option. Haven’t done it, but considered it for my 20th before other plans happened

MiloAshworthy t1_j584sij wrote

So without knowing your ages and interests, my initial suggestion would be to do one of the larger group rafting trips with a guide down the James..

It's something you both might not have done before, and it's a view of the city you seem to both love

Hope this helps :)

MagnokTheMighty t1_j57n9p7 wrote

Richmond has some of the most restaurants per capita in the country. Treat yourself to a nice night out.

Any idea what kind of food you're going for? Cuz Richmond has just about everything.

manic-pixie-attorney t1_j58d2eu wrote

Kings Dominion season passes for all! Especially if one or more of the teenagers can drive.

opienandm t1_j58gb6c wrote

Get someone watch the kids for the weekend, make a reservation at a hotel in the city, go shopping for toys and costumes at a soon-to-be-open novelties shop across from the Science Museum, then create your own experience.

Unless of course that’s a regular thing for you. :)